How Dental Discount Plans Compare with Dental Insurance
For some time now, there has been discussion about dental discount plans and how they compare with dental insurance. In 2009 Forbes Magazine published an article titled “Dental Discount Plans Beat Insurance.” This article did not paint a very good picture for dental insurance comparing it basically to a dental pre-payment plan. Here are some benefits we see with dental discount plans:
- Dental discount plans are affordable. Annually, ours runs $9.99 for individuals, $149 for couples and $179 for families.
- Sign-up for a dental plan and use it the same day
- There is no waiting period for certain treatments
- You save 20-60% on procedures
- Our plan includes vision, hearing and prescription discounts at a rate comparable to other discount plans
- Our dental network is one of the best in the country with 44,000+ providers
- Providers advocate the discount plans because they get paid $.0-$.80 cents on the dollar -vs- a much lower amount from insurance, don’t have to wait 90 days to get paid, and don’t have to file a bunch of paperwork.
In all, dental discount plans, which are NOT INSURANCE, are one of the best case studies in an alternate way for families to manage dental health care expenses.